The status of renewable electricity from hydropower in Turkey
Turkey has many problems due to its increasing energy consumption and rapid economic growth. Foreign energy dependency adversely affects sustainable development of the country by hindering its economic development. Turkey has a yearly total 433 TWh hydropower capacity and 151 TWh yearly economical capacity. The electricity demand of Turkey will reach to around 420 TWh annually by 2020. Turkey had 521 operational hydropower plants with a total capacity of almost 24,000 MW in 2014. This corresponds to 34% of the total capacity. Within the first 8 months of 2015, 8 more hydropower plants came online with a capacity of around 1,240 MW. The share of hydro in power generation capacity went up by 1% during the first five months of the year reaching 35% from its previous 34% level in 2014. © 2017 Taylor & Francis Group, LLC.
SourceEnergy Sources, Part B: Economics, Planning and Policy
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
Many factors to be appropriately addressed in moving towards energy sustainability in Turkey are examined. These include harnessing sustainable energy sources, utilizing sustainable energy carriers, increasing efficiency, ...
Energy saving potential of heat insulation solar glass: Key results from laboratory and in-situ testing HISG (heat insulation solar glass) is a recently developed multi-functional glazing technology to mitigate energy consumption of buildings. HISG can generate electricity similar to conventional PV (photovoltaic) glazing ...
As long as the energy future of Turkey is concerned there is a consensus among all parties involved in the subject that a strong sustainability based on diverse range of renewable and variety of sources with efficient and ...